Thursday, February 11, 2016

?

I don't know. I have come to feel that something is not quite right  with the Sunday morning assembly, at least as we do it in the Church of Christ. I mean what are you supposed to do if you're having spiritual issues? Its one thing when someone in our family is sick or we have lost our job. Just what are we suppose to do though when we find ourselves in a spiritually dry period or having some issues with our relationship with God. Not something that usually gets mentioned in prayer requests is it?

What do you do? You can stay home where prayer seems as about as effective as talking to the walls. Or you can go through the motions and wonder if feeling for God will ever return. Church is supposed to be for people who feel the need for Christ, but it can really cause you to feel like you don't belong sometimes. I am not offering any suggestions. Just trying to give a voice to something that usually doesn't have one.

Sometimes though, I get the impression that I may not be as alone as I feel. I wonder how many heroes of faith might not respond "Been there, done that". God's children don't get kicked out for having doubts or finding their spiritual batteries are exhausted. It may be that Christians who feel lost in the boondocks are in better shape than those who think they know where they are headed.

No comments:

Post a Comment