Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Whiteboard

I recently bought a magnetic whiteboard for my refrigerator. For most of the week it had been blank. It was just begging for something to fill the space. Had I possessed an adequate drawing skill, the possibilities would be endless. As it was, I would be limited to stick figures or perhaps a snarky comment.

Then it happened, a couple of curved lines, hair, a pair of eyes, a nose and mouth. There she was, a little girl. Of course I instantly knew who she was. I have lived with her for 66 years now. Regrettably, I haven't always been able to love her. Now, that has changed and she doesn't have to hide anymore.

I just want to tell you this is who I am, goodbye,end of discussion. She is not a "problem", the result of  "mental illness" or the result of some sort of demonic influence or willful sin. I will no longer debate Scripture, fools who think they can know more about my experience than I do, or those abominable YouTube videos that ask "Can a gay/trans person be a Christian  or go to Heaven. I have it on very good authority the answer is YES.

 It has been said that God gave me my identity and I should not seek to change it. Well God is spirit and  the spirit God gave me is female, and I am thankful for it.


Not really angry at the moment. Just wanted you to know I love that little girl. Oh, and I know her Father in Heaven loves her too.

1 comment:

  1. Assumptions seem to draw us away from God as quickly as anything - and they certainly do make asses out of us. I am glad you have come to love that little girl and that the Father's love for her is palpable to you. You certainly are loved!

    ReplyDelete