Sunday, March 18, 2018

Why Me, Lord?

I really need to stop getting on the internet before church. There is a story on the morning news feed about a Floridia teen that killed herself on Mar 6. She was transitioning from male to female. It wasn't that her parents, schools, or friends didn't accept her. They did. She wasn't bullied or attacked.

The information about why she killed herself is limited, but it seemed she could no longer bear living in the wrong body. These are feelings I fully understand, yet I get to survive.

I am so lucky. I have a pragmatic mind, a somewhat exaggerated sense of humor, and strong survival instincts. I have good friends who love me, and a church community that has accepted me. I am trying to figure out why I get to survive and this beautiful teen doesn't.. It certainly is not because I deserve it. So I ask

Why me, Lord?


No comments:

Post a Comment