“Careful, Evil has a way of making friends with Good and dragging them into the Darkness” --Dr. Al Robbins to Ray Langston (Lawerence Fishburn), CSI: Crime Scene Investigation
Isn't it the truth? The scriptures themselves warn us that Satan can disguise himself as an angel of light. Still we seem to fall for the deception more often than not. Sometimes I can't help but thinking that Christian involvement in politics is like making a deal with the Devil. No matter who you vote for, you're going to lose.
An atheist blogger pointed out that Christians use the same book, we rely on the same Gospel and he same Holy Spirit, yet we are all unbelievably fragmented. Try explaining that. Maybe we just do not really believe in the power of God to change lives. We rely on human solutions instead.
Sure, I voted, but I am under no delusion that voting democratic or republican will accomplish God's will. "Issues" will not save anyone. Only the power of the Gospel can do that.
No comments:
Post a Comment