Recently I went through a period where I felt that everything was out of control. The details of the situation aren't important, but after my feelings settled down I came to the conclusion that I had been right. Everything was out of control. It still is. Yet the error had been to believe things have ever been under control.
Were my life really in control I would be a 35 year old genetic female instead of 62. I would have a daughter and I would not be living alone. My financial situation would be good. I am really not sure just why I am not allowed to "play God" for a day and apply the needed corrections.
There is so much I could do. Certainly I wouldn't think only of myself. I have friends who would benefit from my intervention. Wouldn't it be good if they had new cars instead of the marginally functional vehicles they now own? Why should they suffer when I could do something to prevent it?
Ok, I see where this is going. Becoming "Deb Almighty" would be a mistake, even were it possible. Absolute power and all of that. Only God can "play God", and not make any mistakes. Maybe the "out of control" times are there to remind me what happens when I try to control things I really cannot. Maybe there is a need to be reminded at times that I need to turn to God for comfort and not my own wisdom.
No comments:
Post a Comment