Wednesday, June 25, 2014

The Big Question

Many years ago shortly after becoming a Christian I met someone by the name of Colleen. Every Sunday morning I looked forward to seeing her smiling face at church. It was not hard to tell she loved Jesus. Considering Colleen was born with Cerebral Palsy I always considered her faith quite amazing.

Many people have shown their faith in the midst of hardship and disadvantage. Of course not everybody does. The same situation that would cause one person to be thankful would turn another bitter. Even after all these years I would love to understand what made Colleen the lovely person she was. How was she able to be thankful under her circumstances?

Sure it a point of view. You either lean the secret of being thankful or you go through life feeling cheated. No matter how strong your faith is, resentment will destroy it sooner or later, or at least make it worthless. And if God had given me the life I wanted I would be happy. Well, that's what I tend to believe even if it isn't true. God may know better.

No comments:

Post a Comment