I realize that some of what I am going to say could be considered sacrilege. Its not my intent I assure you.
I woke up today as I always do, with remnants of dreams from the previous night on my mind. I went to Facebook. A friend had posted a video of some dude in a cowboy hat speaking in a heavy Texas drawl, ignorantly speaking out about gender matters and saying something about cowboys. My response was "Cows are girls, Bulls are boys" -Gallagher
There was a post of a former friend about his daughter's wedding. This sent me to look up a certain quote I remember by C.S. Lewis, as I was feeling sorry for myself because I am 66 and live alone.
This led to another train of thought. It was about studying scripture. I get the idea that while scripture is very important, it seems to suggest that everything of any importance has already happened and my experiences in the Fiery Furnace or the experiences of other Christians today are of no consequence.
It is nice to know God saved Daniel from the lion's den, but what about me? If you are inclined to think me self-centered, remember my ability to endure depends on the trustworthiness of God. Go ahead, try to tell me you have never cried out it pain to a God who seems deaf and powerless. Happens all the time here.
Is God active today? Hard to tell. The story of the Gospel isn't complete yet. The study of scripture is important, but if that is all we do we are missing the point of why it was written.
No comments:
Post a Comment