Wednesday, September 9, 2020

HERITAGE

I encountered a rather interesting article about people who were into genealogy and who had DNA testing at Ancestry.com or 23 And Me to find out about their genetic history. Needless to say there are often surprises in the results. There are actually support groups for those who are disappointed by the results.

 The thing is that for as long as I can remember I have been adamant about my dislike of people who judge others based on things they have no control . No one has control over their ancestry. It is of course an interesting detail, but one which we can neither take credit nor blame.

I was born in the '50s. Back then children were called "illegitimate" or "bastards", for being born out of wedlock. Why do people think like this? EXPLAIN! I worked most of my life to escape the meaningless feelings of shame and inferiority my family inflicted on me. You can judge me on the choices I have made and the kind of person I have become, but everything else about me is not yours to judge. Even I am not allowed to judge.

If you are interested in heritage look at the only linage that matters, being in the family of God. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment