Friday, December 21, 2018

Sunday Morning


     It happed shortly after I became a Christian. I will admit that many things that happened at that time just seemed special to me. They were.

     I was attending the Vandalia Church of Christ, north of Dayton Oh. I forgot what the sermon was about, but I will always remember the moment the building shook and there was a loud roar. I should have known what it was, but for one moment I actually thought Jesus was returning. I wasn’t frightened or anxious, just joyfully happy.

     I don’t know why I didn’t think about the airport just across the road. Maybe it was just who I was back then. My faith was new and everything about it was wondrous and beautiful. It was so very real.

     So much has happened since then. I wish I could be the innocent person I was. I wish faith could be as much a part of my life as it was then.

                Thanks to grace, there is always the possibility of  recovery. Besides no one wants a faith that hasn’t matured. It’s just I have a special love for that time when I first dared to believe that Jesus could actually love me.


No comments:

Post a Comment